Thursday, June 26, 2008

Futbol Fever


Ok, so I have come down with futbol fever again. My last bout with this fantastic illness was while living in Spain and becoming enthralled with the World Cup. I watched close to every match played and blogged about what was going on too. So, with some of the best footballers in the world representing their nations, I have enjoyed coming down with the fever again during the Euro 2008. Here are a few of my observations from this go 'round .......

1. What happened to England? I mean, seriously.... why wasn't England in? Did they just not make it now that Posh and Becks are gallivanting around Hollywood and not there to rep Buckingham Palace? Or were they just not invited, as if they weren't part of Europe. If you know the answer, please fill me in.

2. Portugal is still the biggest group of floppers, cry babies, and pansies in the universe. I mean, they might be up for an Oscar after all the acting done after taking a dive. I hope the mulletted Ronaldo makes the acceptance speech. Good news is that they were taken out by Germany in the Quarter Finals.

3. Nothing like the accents of the English and the Irish to make you wonder if that is actually English they are speaking. And I quote the goose...." HOH?!?!?!"

4. New life goal..... go to one of these matches, get all decked out in the scarf of whatever country I feel like claiming for the day (with one for the opposing side too in case they start winning), and sing, cheer and yell along with all the other crazy fans!

So, I hope my American friends will take a little time and check out the Semi Final match between Russia and Spain (Viva Espana!!) Thursday or the Championship game on Sunday for their chance to come down with the fever. Who knows, if nothing else it makes a phenomenal excuse to call in sick on Monday!

PS... If anyone wants to read the blogs from World Cup 2006 just go to www.senorito.com and click on "Los Blogs del Senorito". Enjoy!